Welcome to the Pre-Launch of #TriThisAtHome, the most exciting virtual challenge yet!
You are taking part in the Golden Gate Bridge Challenge. Run, cycle or walk 3km and donate funds to support Restless Development and young people around the world to tackle Covid-19 in their communities. Collectively, we will travel 40,075km around the world!
Ready! Click 'Enter Now' to pre-register
Create an account and sign up to the Golden Gate Bridge Challenge.
Set! Download the #TriThisAtHome App on 14th July
We'll send you an email on launch day with all the information on how to get the app, where you can upload your progress and enjoy the fun, interactive app available on android and apple.
Upload your distances via the app. Rise up the leaderboard and receive virtual rewards for your achievements. Together we will travel the world, from Tanzania to Argentina, learning fun, educational facts along the way. Challenge yourself, your friends and your family, and let's travel the world to change the world!
You have until the 25th of August to complete your challenge. Get active and get involved, because together we can make a huge difference.
Thank you for your support and see you virtually in San Francisco!
3km - Golden Gate Bridge challenge
TriThisAtHome Terms of Service
- Restless Development operates a platform, which we make available through the TriThisAtHome mobile application (the "App") and our website at https://www.trithisathome.co.uk/, that allows users to sign up for different physical challenges that can be completed in the user's own time, to earn virtual rewards and to make donations to help raise money to support our charitable causes (the "TriThisAtHome Service").
- The TriThisAtHome Service is operated by Restless Development ("Restless Development","we", "our", or "us").
- Your relationship with us
- This document and any documents referred to within it (collectively, the "Terms of Service") set out the terms of your relationship with us. It is important that you read and understand the Terms of Service before using the TriThisAtHome Service.
- By accessing and using the TriThisAtHome Service, you agree to these Terms of Service. If you do not agree to these Terms of Service, please do not access or use the TriThisAtHome Service.
- Important warnings
- When you undertake the physical challenges made available through the TriThisAtHome Service, you do so entirely at your own risk. You must take full responsibility for your own health and safety when completing the physical challenges and should conduct your challenges in a safe manner at all times, including warming up, cooling down and wearing the appropriate clothing and footwear.
- Parents or legal guardians of children who wish to participate in the physical challenges made available through the TriThisAtHome Service are responsible for the health and safety of their children at all times.
- We shall not be responsible to any participants for any injury, damage or loss that you or a participant might suffer, or any damage to property that might occur as a result of participation in the physical challenges made available through TriThisAtHome Service.
- Information about us
Restless Development is a charity registered in England under charity number 1127488 with its registered address at Restless Development, Fourth Floor, 35-41 Lower Marsh, London, SE1 7RL.
- Information about you
- Using the TriThisAtHome Service
- Restless Development provides a service that allows users to sign up to and complete different physical challenges and upload the miles they have completed to earn virtual rewards, contribute to the overall cumulative distance travelled by all users and make donations to support our charitable causes through our JustGiving page.
- To access the TriThisAtHome Service, you must register with us and set up an account by entering your full name, email address and creating a password (your "Account"). We encourage you to use "strong" passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your Account.
- You must be 16 years or older to register to use the TriThisAtHome Service.
- You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your login details and on any activities that occur under your Account. If you have any concerns that your Account may have been misused, you should contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org straight away to let us know.
- Setting up an Account for a child
- You and your child can customise and personalise your Account on the TriThisAtHome Service by changing the name and profile picture on the Account and you can view how your child is using the TriThisAtHome Service, including the challenges they sign up for and any virtual rewards they have earned.
- Your right to use the TriThisAtHome Service
- The materials and content comprising the TriThisAtHome Service belong to us or our third party licensors, and we give you permission to use these materials and content for the sole purpose of using the TriThisAtHome Service in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- Your right to use the TriThisAtHome Service is personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to any other person except where you have set up an Account for your children. Your children include anyone for whom you have parental responsibility, whether as a parent, guardian or otherwise. Your right to use the TriThisAtHome Service does not stop us from giving other people the right to use the TriThisAtHome Service.
- As part of the TriThisAtHome Service, we allow you to download our App and to use it on your mobile device in order to access and use the TriThisAtHome Service in accordance with these Terms of Service. This right is given to you solely for this purpose. It is also personal to you and you are not allowed to give this right to any other person.
- Unless allowed by these Terms of Service or as permitted by the functionality of the TriThisAtHome Service, you agree:
- not to copy, or attempt to copy our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service;
- not to give or sell or otherwise make available our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service to anybody else;
- not to change, or attempt to change our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service in any way; and
- not to look for or access the code of our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service that we have not expressly published publicly for general use.
- You agree that all confidential information, copyright and other intellectual property rights in our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service belong to us or the people who have licenced those rights to us.
- You agree that you have no rights in or to our App or any portion of the TriThisAtHome Service other than the right to use and access them in accordance with these Terms of Service.
- Apple App Store Provisions
- This paragraph 9 applies where the App has been acquired from the Apple App Store. You acknowledge and agree that the Terms of Service are solely between you and Restless Development, not Apple, Inc. ("Apple") and that Apple has no responsibility for the App or content of the App. Your use of the App must comply with the App Store Terms of Service.
- You acknowledge that Apple has no obligation whatsoever to furnish any maintenance and support services with respect to the App. To the maximum extent permitted by applicable law, Apple will have no warranty obligation whatsoever with respect to the App, and any other claims, losses, liabilities, damages, costs or expenses attributable to any failure to conform to any warranty will be solely governed by the Terms of Service and any law applicable to Restless Development as provider of the App.
- You acknowledge that Apple is not responsible for addressing any claims from you or any third party relating to the App or your possession and/or use of the App, including, but not limited to: (i) product liability claims; (ii) any claim that the App fails to conform to any applicable legal or regulatory requirement; and (iii) claims arising under consumer protection or similar legislation; and all such claims are governed solely by the Terms of Service and any law applicable to Restless Development as provider of the software.
- You acknowledge that, in the event of any third party claim that the App, or your possession and use of the App, infringes that third party’s intellectual property rights, Restless Development, not Apple, will be solely responsible for the investigation, defence, settlement and discharge of any such intellectual property infringement claim to the extent required by the Terms of Service.
- You must not download the App if (i) you are located in a country that is subject to U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a "terrorist supporting" country; and (ii) you are listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
- You and Restless Development acknowledge and agree that Apple, and Apple’s subsidiaries, are third-party beneficiaries of the Terms of Service as relates to your licence of the App, and that, upon your acceptance of the terms and conditions of the Terms of Service, Apple will have the right (and will be deemed to have accepted the right) to enforce the Terms of Service as relates to your right to download and use the App against you as a third-party beneficiary of those Terms of Service.
- Other App Marketplaces and Platforms
- This paragraph 10 applies where the App has been acquired from any app store or distribution platform other than the Apple App Store, including the Google Play Store and the Windows Store (the "Distribution Platform "):
- you acknowledge that the Terms of Service are between you and Restless Development, and not with the provider of the Distribution Platform ("Store Provider");
- your use of the App must comply with the Store Provider’s then-current Distribution Platform Terms of Service;
- the Store Provider is only a provider of the Distribution Platform where you obtained the App;
- Restless Development, and not the Store Provider, is solely responsible for its App;
- the Store Provider has no obligation or liability to you with respect to the App or the Terms of Service; and
- you acknowledge and agree that the Store Provider is a third-party beneficiary to the Terms of Service as it relates to Restless Development's App.
- Rules of Acceptable Use
- In addition to the other requirements within these Terms of Service, this section describes specific rules that apply to your use of the TriThisAtHome Service (the "Rules of Acceptable Use").
- When using the TriThisAtHome Service you must not:
- circumvent, disable or otherwise interfere with any security related features of the TriThisAtHome Service;
- permit another person to use the TriThisAtHome Service on your behalf unless such person is authorised by you;
- give any false or misleading information, impersonate any person or misrepresent your identity or relationship with any child to whom you grant access to the TriThisAtHome Service;
- use the TriThisAtHome Service if we have suspended or banned you from using it;
- advocate, promote or engage in any illegal or unlawful conduct or conduct that causes damage or injury to any person or property;
- modify, interfere, intercept, disrupt or hack the TriThisAtHome Service;
- misuse the TriThisAtHome Service by knowingly introducing viruses, Trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which would harm the TriThisAtHome Service or any user of the TriThisAtHome Service's own equipment;
- collect any data from the TriThisAtHome Service other than in accordance with these Terms of Service;
- threaten, abuse or invade another's privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety or be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person; or
- use any automated system, including without limitation "robots", "spiders" or "offline readers" to access the TriThisAtHome Service in a manner that send more request messages to the TriThisAtHome Service than a human can reasonably produce in the same period of time.
- Failure to comply with the Rules of Acceptable Use constitutes a serious breach of these Terms of Service, and may result in our taking all or any of the following actions (with or without notice):
- immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use the TriThisAtHome Service;
- issuing of a warning to you;
- legal action against you including proceedings for reimbursement of all costs (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach; or
- disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
- The responses described in paragraph 11.3 are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
- Ending our relationship
- If at any time you do not feel that you can agree to these Terms of Service or any changes made to the Terms of Service or the TriThisAtHome Service, you must immediately stop using the TriThisAtHome Service.
- Deleting the App might not close your Account. You must notify us at email@example.com if you wish to close your Account and we will end your use of the TriThisAtHome Service.
- We may immediately end your use of the TriThisAtHome Service if you break the Rules of Acceptable Use, any other important rule(s), or terms and conditions we set for accessing and using the TriThisAtHome Service including these Terms of Service.
- We may also withdraw the TriThisAtHome Service as long as we give you reasonable notice that we plan to do this.
- If you or we end your use of the TriThisAtHome Service or we withdraw the TriThisAtHome Service as described in this paragraph, we may delete any information that you have uploaded to the TriThisAtHome Service or any other information we hold about you. You will also lose any rights you have to use the TriThisAtHome Service or to access any of our content. We will not offer you compensation for any losses you might suffer if you lose your rights to access and use the TriThisAtHome Service or any such information or content.
- Nothing in this paragraph 12 affects any legal rights you may have under the law of the country in which you are resident.
- Our liability/responsibility to you
- When you or your child participates in the physical challenges made available through the TriThisAtHome Service, you accept that you are responsible for the health and safety of both yourself and your child at all times. We shall not be responsible to any participants for any injury, damage or loss to the participant or their property that might occur as a result of their participation in the physical challenges.
- While we do our best to ensure that the features and functionalities of the TriThisAtHome Service are of a reasonably satisfactory standard, certain features may rely on networks and connections that are beyond our control. Some of the information provided to you on the TriThisAtHome Service may also contain content owned or developed by third parties. As we do not own or produce such third party content, we cannot be responsible for it in any way.
- Unfortunately, due to the nature of the Internet and technology, the TriThisAtHome Service is provided on an "as available" and "as is" basis. This means that we are unable to promise that your use of the TriThisAtHome Service will be uninterrupted, without delays, error-free or meet your expectations and we do not give any commitment relating to the performance or availability of the TriThisAtHome Service in these Terms of Service and, to the extent we are able to do so, we exclude any commitments that may be implied by law.
- In every case, we will never be responsible for any loss or damage that is not reasonably foreseeable, or that is caused by a failure by you to comply with these Terms of Service. Loss or damage is foreseeable if either it is obvious that it will happen or if, at the time you created your Account, both we and you knew it might happen.
- The above does not affect your rights under the applicable law of the country in which you are resident, including our responsibility to you for any personal injury or death caused by our negligence.
- Resolving disputes
- If you have a dispute with us relating to the TriThisAtHome Service, in the first instance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and attempt to resolve the dispute with us informally.
- In the unlikely event that we have not been able to resolve a dispute informally, we will discuss and agree with you the most effective way of resolving our dispute.
- Changes to the TriThisAtHome Service
- We are constantly updating and improving the TriThisAtHome Service to try and find ways to provide you with new and innovative features and services. Improvements and updates are also made to reflect changing technologies, tastes, behaviours and the way people use the Internet and the TriThisAtHome Service.
- In order to do this, we may need to update, reset, stop offering and/or supporting a particular part of the TriThisAtHome Service, or feature relating to the TriThisAtHome Service ("changes to the TriThisAtHome Service"). These changes to the TriThisAtHome Service may affect your past activities on the TriThisAtHome Service, certain features that you use and any other information you submit to the TriThisAtHome Service ("Service Elements"). Any changes to the TriThisAtHome Service could involve your Service Elements being deleted or reset.
- You agree that a key characteristic of the TriThisAtHome Service is that changes to the TriThisAtHome Service will take place over time and this is an important basis on which we grant you access to the TriThisAtHome Service. Once we have made changes to the TriThisAtHome Service, your continued use of the TriThisAtHome Service will show that you have accepted any changes to the TriThisAtHome Service. You are always free to stop using the TriThisAtHome Service.
- Changes to the documents
- We may revise these Terms of Service from time to time but the most current version will always be at [https://www.trithisathome.co.uk/contents/1012-terms-and-conditions] or in the relevant section of our App.
- Changes will usually occur because of new features being added to the TriThisAtHome Service, changes in the law or where we need to clarify our position on something.
- Normally, we will try to give you some warning before the new terms become effective. However, sometimes changes will need to be made immediately and if this happens we will not give you any notice.
- Documents that apply to our relationship with you
- The current version of the Terms of Service contains the only terms and conditions that apply to our relationship with you.
- We intend to rely on these Terms of Service as setting out the written terms of our agreement with you for the provision of the TriThisAtHome Service. If part of the Terms of Service cannot be enforced then the remainder of the Terms of Service will still apply to our relationship.
- If you do not comply with these Terms of Service and we do not take action immediately, this does not mean we have given up any right we have and we may still take action in the future.
- Law and venue for disputes
- English law will apply to all disputes and the interpretation of these Terms of Service. The English courts will have non-exclusive jurisdiction over any dispute arising from or related to your use of the TriThisAtHome Service. This does not, however, affect your rights under the law of the country in which you are resident, including (where applicable) your right to have a dispute in relation to your use of the TriThisAtHome Service heard in the courts of that country.
- Contact, feedback and complaints
- If you need to contact us in relation to these Terms of Service or any other document mentioned in them, please email us at email@example.com.
- We value hearing from our users, and are always interested in learning about ways we can improve the TriThisAtHome Service. By providing your feedback you agree that you are giving up any rights you have in your feedback so that we may use and allow others to use it without any restriction and without any payment to you.
- OUR APPROACH TO PRIVACY
- Restless Development operates a platform, which we make available via the Restless Development mobile application that you can download on your device (the "App") and our website (available at https://www.trithisathome.co.uk/ (our "Site")), that allows users to sign up for, and submit information about their performance of, different physical challenges that can be completed in the user's own time for fun and to help raise money for young people and communities affected by COVID-19 (the "TriThisAtHome Service").
- WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Restless Development is the controller of the personal information we hold about you in connection with your use of the TriThisAtHome Service. This means that we determine and are responsible for how your personal information is used.
- PERSONAL information we collect FROM you when you use the TriThisAtHome Service, and how we use it
- We collect personal information about you and your child that you voluntarily submit directly to us when you use the TriThisAtHome Service. This can include information you provide to us through the TriThisAtHome Service, when you set up an account on the TriThisAtHome Service, when you add your children's information to your account, correspond with us by e-mail or otherwise, subscribe to our mailing lists or other forms of marketing communications, when you report a problem with the TriThisAtHome Service or use some other feature of the TriThisAtHome Service.
- The information we collect from you in this way will be:
- your contact information, such as your name and email address;
- information you submit when setting up a profile for yourself, such as username, password and profile picture, or when you set up a profile for your child, such as their name and profile picture;
- information about your or your child's activity on the TriThisAtHomeService, such as the challenges you or your child sign up for and your completion of those challenges;
- chat, comments and opinions that you send to us when you contact us directly;
- information received from JustGiving about your donations; and
- any preferences you set in the TriThisAtHome Service.
- We will indicate to you where the provision of certain personal information is mandatory. If you choose not to provide such personal information, we may not be able to provide those parts of the TriThisAtHome Service to you or respond to your other requests.
- The table at Annex 1 sets out in detail the categories of personal information we collect and how we use that information when you use the TriThisAtHome Service, as well as the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information and recipients of that personal information.
- Information we collect about you automatically
- We also automatically collect personal information indirectly about how you and your child access and use the TriThisAtHome Service, and information about the device you use and allow your child to use to access the TriThisAtHome Service. For example, we may collect:
- information about the features you use and the pages you view;
- information about your device (such as your IP address, device identifier, device type, model and manufacturer); and
- information about your usage patterns (such as how often you use the TriThisAtHome Service and your language settings).
- We use this information to provide you the features and functionality of the TriThisAtHome Service, to monitor and improve the TriThisAtHome Service and to develop new products and services.
- The table at Annex 2 sets out in detail the categories of personal information we collect automatically and how we use that information. The table also lists the legal basis which we rely on to process the personal information and recipients of that personal information.
- We may link or combine the personal information you provide and the information we collect automatically. This allows us to provide you with a personalised experience regardless of how you interact with us.
- We may anonymise and aggregate any of the personal information we collect (so that it does not directly identify you or your child). We may use anonymised information for purposes that include testing our IT systems, research, data analysis, improving the TriThisAtHome Service and developing new products and features. We may also share such anonymised and aggregated information with others.
- How long will we store your personal information
- We will usually store the personal information we collect about you for no longer than necessary for the purposes set out in Annexes 1 and 2, and in any event for no longer than 12 months after you delete your account on for the TriThisAtHome Service, in accordance with our legal obligations and legitimate business interests.
- We may, however, need to retain your personal information for longer if we are required to do so by law.
- RECIPIENTS OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
- We may also share your personal information with the following (as required in accordance with the uses set out in Annexes 1 and 2):
- Service providers and advisors: we may share your personal information with third party vendors and other service providers that perform services for us or on our behalf, which may include providing professional services, such as legal and accounting services, mailing, email or chat services, fraud prevention, web hosting, or providing analytic services.
We have listed examples of specific service providers that we use in Annexes 1 and 2.
- Purchasers and third parties in connection with a business transaction: your personal information may be disclosed to third parties in connection with a transaction, such as a merger, sale of assets or shares, reorganisation, financing, change of control or acquisition of all or a portion of our business.
- Law enforcement, regulators and other parties for legal reasons: we may share your personal information with third parties as required by law or if we reasonably believe that such action is necessary to (i) comply with the law and the reasonable requests of law enforcement; (ii) detect and investigate illegal activities and breaches of agreements, including our Terms of Service; and/or (iii) exercise or protect the rights, property, or personal safety of Restless Development, its users or others.
- marketing and advertising
- From time to time we may contact you with information about our products and services and the products and services of our partners, including sending you marketing messages.
- We will only send you marketing emails if you have given us your consent to do so. You can withdraw your consent at a later date by clicking on the unsubscribe link at the bottom of our marketing emails or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- storing and transferring your personal information
- Security. We implement appropriate technical and organisational measures to protect your personal information against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, change or damage. All personal information we collect will be stored by our cloud hosting provider on secure servers. We will never send you unsolicited emails or contact you by phone requesting your credit or debit card information or national identification numbers.
- International Transfers of your Personal Information. The personal information we collect may be transferred to and stored in countries outside of the jurisdiction you are in where we and our third-party service providers have operations. If you are accessing the TriThisAtHome Service from the European Economic Area ("EEA"), your personal information may be processed outside of the EEA.
- In the event of such a transfer, we ensure that: (i) the personal information is transferred to countries recognised as offering an equivalent level of protection; or (ii) the transfer is made pursuant to appropriate safeguards, such as standard data protection clauses adopted by the European Commission.
- your control over your informatioN
- You may review and edit some of the personal information you have submitted to us (such as yours or your child's name and profile picture) through the appropriate functionality in the App settings.
- your rights in respect of your personal information
- In accordance with applicable privacy law, you have the following rights in respect of your personal information that we hold:
- Right of access. You have the right to obtain:
- confirmation of whether, and where, we are processing your personal information;
- information about the categories of personal information we are processing, the purposes for which we process your personal information and information as to how we determine applicable retention periods;
- information about the categories of recipients with whom we may share your personal information; and
- a copy of the personal information we hold about you.
- Right of portability. You have the right, in certain circumstances, to receive a copy of the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format that supports re-use, or to request the transfer of your personal information to another person.
- Right to rectification. You have the right to obtain rectification of any inaccurate or incomplete personal information we hold about you without undue delay.
- Right to erasure. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to erase your personal information without undue delay if the continued processing of that personal information is not justified.
- Right to restriction. You have the right, in some circumstances, to require us to limit the purposes for which we process your personal information if the continued processing of the personal information in this way is not justified, such as where the accuracy of the personal information is contested by you.
- Right to withdraw consent. If you have provided consent for the processing of your personal information, you have the right to withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, this will not affect the lawfulness of our use of your personal information before your withdrawal.
- You also have the right to object to any processing based on our legitimate interests where there are grounds relating to your particular situation. There may be compelling reasons for continuing to process your personal information, and we will assess and inform you if that is the case. You can object to marketing activities for any reason.
- You also have the right to lodge a complaint to your local data protection authority. Further information about how to contact your local data protection authority is available here.
- Due to the confidential nature of data processing we may ask you to provide proof of identity when exercising the above rights. This can be done by providing a scanned copy of a valid identity document or a signed photocopy of a valid identity document.
- COOKIES and similar technologies
- We use the following types of cookies:
- Strictly necessary cookies. These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Site. They include, for example, cookies that enable you to log into secure areas of our Site.
- Analytical/performance cookies. They allow us to recognise and count the number of visitors and to see how visitors move around our Site when they are using it. This helps us to improve the way our Site works, for example, by ensuring that users are finding what they are looking for easily. We may use third-party analytics tools such as Google Analytics, to help us measure traffic and usage trends for the TriThisAtHome Service and to understand more about the demographics of our users. You can learn more about Google’s practices at http://www.google.com/policies/privacy/partners, and view its currently available opt-out options at https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Functionality cookies. These are used to recognise you when you return to our Site. This enables us to personalise our content for you, greet you by name and remember your preferences (for example, your choice of language or region).
If you would like to find out more about cookies and other similar technologies, please visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Please see Annex 3 for more information about the specific cookies we use on the TriThisAtHome Service.
- The cookies we use are designed to help you get the most from the TriThisAtHome Service but if you do not wish to receive cookies, most browsers and devices allow you to change your cookie settings. Depending on your mobile device and operating system, you may not be able to delete or block all cookies. Please note that if you choose to refuse all cookies you may not be able to use the full functionality of the TriThisAtHome Service. These settings will typically be found in the "options" or "preferences" menu of your browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful, otherwise you should use the "Help" option in your browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari web and iOS.
- For mobile users, you have controls in your device Operating System that enables you to choose whether to allow cookies or share your advertising ID with companies like Restless Development. To block the IDFA on your iOS mobile device, you should follow this path: Settings > General > About > Advertising and then turn on ‘Limit Ad Tracking’. To block Android ID on your Android device, you should follow this path: Google Settings > Ads and then turn on ‘Opt out of interest-based ads’.
- Please note that deleting or blocking cookies may not be effective for all types of tracking technologies, such as Local Storage Objects (LSOs) like HTML5.
- Tracking Technologies used in our emails
- Our emails may contain tracking pixels that identify if and when you have opened an email that we have sent you, how many times you have read it and whether you have clicked on any links in that email. This helps us measure the effectiveness of our marketing email campaigns, make the emails we send to you more relevant to your interests and to understand if you have opened and read any important administrative emails we might send you.
- Most popular email clients will allow you to block these pixels by disabling certain external images in emails. You can do this through the settings on your email client – these generally give you the option of choosing whether emails will display "remote images", "remote content" or "images" by default.
- Some browsers also give you the option of downloading and installing extensions that block pixels and other tracking technologies.]
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES
- The TriThisAtHome Service may, from time to time, contain links to and from third party websites, including those of other users, our partner networks, advertisers, partner merchants, news publications, retailers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies. Please check the individual policies before you submit any information to those websites.
- OUR POLICY TOWARDS CHILDREN
- We do not actively allow children under the age of 16 to register to use the TriThisAtHome Service. Parents or legal guardians must register with the TriThisAtHome Service to allow their child to use the TriThisAtHome Service. If you become aware that your child has signed up to the TriThisAtHome Service and provided us with personal information without your approval, then please contact us using the details below so that we can take steps to remove such information and terminate any account your child has created with us.
- CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
- NOTICE TO YOU
- CONTACTING US
See annex here.